If you are following me for a while now, you know that I love styling statement shoes. I don't have a problem with them at all, but when it comes to bags, I like to keep it classic. Some time ago, this lovely bag arrived at my door, I didn't even know that will come. The funny thing is that just before the bag arrived I was talking with my sisters how my color for the summer definitely is a mustard yellow. Then the package arrived and there was a note saying that they thought this was the color for me! I guess this bag arrived in the right hands. I loved everything about it, from chic design and color. I must say when I first wore it it was a bit weird for me because I was actually wearing a colored bag!

It was a real challenge to come up with outfits that go with this bag. I wanted it to fit my style and to look chic, elegant and casual at the same time if that is even possible. I thought I could share with you few tips on how you could actually style colored bag:

➤ Style it with jeans and white blouse! It can't get any more casual & cool than that;
➤ If you go with the first option, you can add bandana in the mustard yellow or maybe earrings, it's a good way of connecting all the pieces. Look at your outfit as a puzzle, you want all pieces to fit in and to represent a wholeness.

➤ When you have a bag standing out as a color, it's always a good idea to style it with a pattern. It could be a houndstooth print (for example you can style houndstooth pants with the white blouse and you can add mustard yellow bandana or turban).

➤ You can style it with neutral colors like brown, taupe or beige.

➤ You can go with a jeans dress and chunky earrings.

You see, it's not that hard styling a colored bag! Let me know in the comments how you style them and do you like wearing them?
Top - Yoins; Skirt - Vintage; Bag - Mastuffari; Shoes - Sam Edelman; Sunglasses - Vintage;
Photography: Jelena Vukosavljevic
Artwork by me.