It can be challenging to take care of oily skin which is dehydrated and acne prone. I've had had oily skin from when I was younger and If you read this blog you know I've had a problem with acne. I experimented with a lot of cosmetics since I was 16 years old. I think that left me with consequences in a form of dehydrated skin. I used a lot of aggressive products back then and that lead to dehydrated skin. Even now there are still a lot of products that are meant to be for oily skin but they are too harsh for me. It took me a while to find out which products are the best for my skin.

For me it was important to find products that are hydrating enough, aren't comedogenic and don't feel too heavy on my skin. It was a hard job to finding a cream like that. In a lot of cases when cream/fluid isn't comedogenic and doesn't feel too heavy, I just don't find it hydrating enough. I was always afraid that I won't find the cream which is hydrating enough, breakout free and not so heavy. Then I heard an amazing advice from a girl that gave me facial, which was: oily skin doesn't need too hydrating products because it's oily by itself. It needs light non-comedogenic products without too many ads on it. Then I realized! I was putting more hydrating creams on my skin because I thought creams aren't hydrating enough, I wasn't thinking about how MY SKIN feels about them. I know this may sound a bit confusing but I hope you get what I want to say.
I started using cream with that philosophy. I only used a light serum or fluid. If I need more hydration I would occasionally put on a hydrating cream. I found that that works amazing! My skin isn't breaking out too much and I see that it's not that oily. I'm not suffocating my skin anymore!

Let's go on with the products.
My routine is the same by the day and night with a few differences on some occasions.
When I get up in the morning the first thing I do is I brush my teeth and then I cleanse my face with Foreo brush ( I wrote about it in here) and Logona mousse. I think it's a great combo even though it's a mousse and not a gel. It cleanses my face amazingly, I love the fact that Foreo is massaging a bit and the Logona mousse is gentle, smells divine and cleanses my skin very well. It's a mousse with peppermint and organic salicyl acid.

The next step is putting toner on my face. I use Bioderma Sebium toner, which I really like. Before this one, I used Clinique from the three-step regime and I liked it in the first couple of weeks. It was removing spots like crazy but I ended up with very dry and dehydrated skin because it has alcohol in it. This one, on the other hand, is very gentle and I think it helps reducing sebum.

After that, I put on Bioderma Hydrabio serum, which is perfect for oily skin. It's not greasy, it's very light, non-comedogenic and it absorbs quickly. The most important part it's hydrating enough! On the days when I feel like I need more hydration, I use Bioderma Hydrabio Cream. I don't feel it on my skin, it's hydrating enough and it doesn't clog my pores. I find it a bit heavier than the serum, but just a little. If it was a winter or autumn, I would use it every day. But like this, because it's very hot I tend to use serum more.

Endocare Tensage Eye Cream I love this cream. I use it day and the night. It's light, hydrating and it's a great base for my makeup. I already wrote about it in here, so check out that post.

Endocare Day Sense 30 SPF cream - I use this cream every single day when I go out. I put it on my face and neck so I can protect my skin. I don't know, I'm not too crazy about this cream, because it leaves my skin shiny, so everytime when I apply it after it sinks into the skin, I take my blotting paper to kill that shiness. It's moisturizing, regenerating and soothing. I'm using one more at the moment, which I like more. It's Heliocare gel 50spf. I forgot to put it in here. It's a gel, so it absorbs in a few seconds and doesn't leave any shiness on my skin. Even though the Endocare one leaves me with shiness it didn't cause any breakouts.

Logona Anti-Acne Concentrate - I tried a lot of products like this and I all had in common that they would make a go pimple out and it was always very red and bad. This one is different, I don't know what's the thing about it, is it because the ingredients are organic and natural? This one really makes a pimple go away and it helps the spots from pimples fade. Even though ingredients are organic you shouldn't put this product more than once a day because it will burn your skin, I tried! :D

Balea Mud - This is my favorite drugstore mask! It's a clay with minerals from the Dead Sea. It cleanses my skin and pores amazingly and it helps with breakouts when I have them. I use it once or twice a week. My cosmetician told me that oily skin should post clay mask every week, so I'm trying to keep up with this rule!

What skin type do you have? How you are dealing with dehydrated and oily skin?